A major component of the Ohio Environmental Law Center (OELC) is to provide legal education and experience to tomorrow’s environmental attorneys. Unlike other internship opportunities, the OELC provides law students with the entire non-profit, environmental-advocacy experience.
The Ohio Environmental Law Center internship program has been an integral part of the OEC since the program’s inception in 2003. The goal of the internship program is to provide tomorrow’s environmental lawyers with the experience and educational opportunities needed to be effective advocates for environmental and human health. It always has been and will continue to be a goal of the internship program to provide our interns with a well rounded understanding not only of environmental law, but also of the entire non-profit environmental advocacy organization experience.
This experience includes extensive legal and policy research and drafting, as well as an introduction to how OEC and the Ohio Environmental Law Center use many different channels to advocate for our positions. We expose our interns to OEC’s:
- Legal work
- Legal research and analysis on pressing and important;
- Drafting of memorandums, legal briefs and other documents;
- Drafting of Legal analysis documents, including law review articles and other publications;
- Meetings with clients, counsel, and court personnel;
- Policy work, including:
- Policy research and analysis;
- Internal meetings with OEC policy staff;
- Meetings with OEC member and colleague groups;
- Meetings with executive agency staff
- Legislative work, including:
- Assisting with analysis of state and federal legislation;
- Drafting testimony;
- Attending committee hearings and meetings w/ legislators
- Media work, including:
- Assisting Public Affairs staff with research and drafting of press releases;
- Attending and assisting with press calls/press events
This page has the following sub pages.